The Nursery admissions in Delhi for the academic session 2021-22 will begin from February 18, 2021. The announcement was done by the Directorate of Education (DoE). The Delhi Directorate of Education has asked all the private schools in the national capital to submit details of nursery admissions before February 15.
The first list will be released by March 20 and the admission process will end on March 31. they also added that the application process will begin on February 18 and the first list is expected on March 20. The entire process will conclude on March 31.
The Delhi Directorate of Education has asked all the private schools in the national capital to submit details of nursery admissions before February 15. The first list will be released by March 20 and the admission process will end on March 31.
Earlier, nursery admission in around 1,700 schools in Delhi begin in the last week of November. The Directorate of Education releases guidelines and schools are asked to furnish required information, following which the application process is rolled out in December. However, the process was delayed this year in view of the pandemic.
Delhi’s government officials had earlier said that a proposal to scrap nursery admissions is being considered as the schools have been closed for nine months due to COVID-19 and will remain closed till a vaccine is available. However, Education Minister Manish Sisodia had ruled out scrapping nursery admission.
How To Register For Delhi Nursery Admissions 2021:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the school that you want to register for.
Step 2: Click on the nursery admissions 2021-22 tab on the homepage.
Step 3: A new login window will open.
Step 4: Register your ward by filling in the required information.
Step 5: Upload the required documents and click on the ‘submit’ button.
Delhi Nursery Admissions 2021: Age Limit
For admission in the nursery, kindergarten, and Class 1, the upper age limit will be 4, 5, and 6 years, respectively. The lower age limit for admission in these classes is 3, 4, and 5 years, 2021, respectively.
The schedule released is for admissions in the general category (75 percent) entry-level seats available in private unaided and recognized schools in Delhi. The schedule for the remaining 25 percent seats reserved for the economically weaker section (EWS) students and disadvantaged (DG) categories students will be announced soon.
All schools are required to reserve 22 percent of their seats in entry-level classes for economically weaker section/disadvantaged (EWS/DG) category students and 3 percent for children with special needs (CWSN). Admission to this is held through a centralized process of draw of lots by the DoE. A separate schedule for this will be released by the DoE later.